September 26, 2008

My Dear Lord..

~
mukunda mUrdhnA praNipatya yAce
bhavantam ekAntam iyantam artham
avismR^itiH tvac-caraNAravinde
bhave bhave me 'stu bhavat-prasAdAt
~

TRANSLATION
Oh Lord Mukunda! I bow my head down to Your Lordship and humbly beg that you grant this one desire of mine: that in each of my future births I will, by Your Lordship's mercy, remain unforgetful of
Your Lotus Feet..

~
SYNONYMS
mukunda--O Lord Mukunda; mUrdhnA--with my head; praNipatya--bowing down; yAce--I humbly beg; bhavantam--from You;
ekAntam--exclusively; iyantam--this much;artham--desire to be fulfilled; avismR^itiH --freedom from forgetfulness; tvat--Your; caraNa-aravinde--at the lotus feet; bhave bhave--in each repeated birth;me--my; astu--let there be; bhavat--Your; prasAdAt--by the mercy.

(a verse from Mukunda Mala)

No comments: